The Center for Social Value Creation positions the Smith School as a frontrunner of social responsibility, sustainability, and social entrepreneurship. Your support enables us to cultivate solution-driven, socially minded students - and empower them as the next generation of leaders who will do well by doing good. CSVC needs support to:
- Create an Impact Investment Fund
- The fund will serve as a real-world learning tool, allowing students to create quantifiable social and environmental impact while learning the financial landscape of emerging markets.
- Develop the “Smith Sustainability Corps”
- Leveraging the tools of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) Sustainability Corps students will work with client organizations to help them align financial, ecological and societal objectives in a yearlong practicum.
- Support the Social Venture and Nonprofit Consulting Programs
- Support students like Amadou Cisse, EMBA ’13 in their quest for a career with deeper meaning. Cisse works as a program director with a federal contractor. Through the program, Cisse traveled to Ecuador to work with a nonprofit advocating self-reliant agriculture and came back “with more resolution than ever to continue improving and changing lives.”
If you have questions, or would like to discuss a unique partnership of giving, e-mail Melissa Carrier, executive director of the center. Thank you in advance for your support and consideration!