Stephen J. Carroll
Primary Research Areas
- Organizational Behavior
Honors and Awards
Elected Fellow, Academy of Management, 1978
Designated Distinguished Scholar/Teacher, University of Maryland, 1979
First Recipient, Outstanding Faculty Award, College Alumni Chapter, 1979
Elected Fellow, American Psychological Association, 1984; Fellow, American Psychological Society, 1990
Recipient Fulbright Research Professorship to Japan 1992-1993
- Consultant, trainer and researcher to more than thirty industrial firms and government organizations
- Carroll, S.J., & Tosi, H.L. Management by Objectives, The MacMillan Company, 1973
- Carroll, S.J., & Gannon, M.J. Ethical Dimensions of International Management. Sage, 1996.
- Smith, K.G., Carroll, S.J., & Ashford, S.J. (1995). Intra- and inter-organizational cooperation: Toward a research agenda. Academy of Management Journal, 39, 7 - 23.
- Carroll, S.J. , & Schneider, C. Performance Appraisal and Review Systems, Scott Foresman, 1982.
- Taylor, M.S., Tracy, K.B., Renard, M.K., Harrison, J.K., & Carroll, S.J. (1995). Procedural justice in performance appraisal: A field test of the due process metaphor for performance appraisal systems.Administrative Science Quaterly, 40, 495 - 523.