Read about Banking and Private Wealth Management Fellows trip to the Federal Reserve.
The Banking and Private Wealth Management program (formerly Financial Services) is designed for students interested in the financial services industry, including traditional banking (loan officer, personal banking officer) and private wealth management (financial planners, personal investment managers). Emphasis on financial services: traditional banking, financial planners, personal investment managers. Potential partners may include commercial banks, savings and loans, credit unions, insurance companies, private wealth managers, and financial planning firms.
Dr. Elinda Kiss is the Faculty Champion for this program.
Curriculum: one-year program
- BMGT340 - by Fall (if not completed at time of application)
- BMGT341 (Financial Markets) or ECON330 (Money & Banking) - by Fall (if not completed already; could be taken concurrently with BMGT445F but not preferred)
- BMGT 313F (dedicated Fellows section of Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall
- BMGT 445F (dedicated Fellows section of Banking & Financial Institutions) - Spring
- Finance Fellows Speaker Series
- Banking simulation game
- Site visits to the Federal Reserve (meet with Fed Chair Janet Yellen and other senior officials) and FDIC (meet with Vice Chair and Chief Economist)
- Mentoring program with professionals in the field
Students are required to attend Finance Fellows Networking Night in the Fall plus two other co-curricular events as approved by the Finance Fellows team.
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Finance Major (You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as a transfer student).
- Minimum 45 credit hours at time of application.
- Grade of B- or better in BMGT340 (may complete either spring semester at time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340).
Applications for Banking and Private Wealth Management Fellows for the 2015-2016 academic year are now closed. Fellows admission decisions will be sent out by February 27.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane Heavin (firstname.lastname@example.org).